Are you trying to figure out how you can monetize your Instagram account? Well, this post will show you exactly how to make money on Instagram with Clickbank.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve always wondered how these top Instagram influencers actually make much money.
I used to wonder is it true, can you actually make money? And if so, how much can you make from Instagram?
Well, deep down I’ve always known the truthful answer. Of course, you can!
Anywhere there is attention or demand, you’ll find opportunities to make money, and Instagram is no different.
That’s when I set myself the challenge to find a strategy where I could start earning money from my Instagram account.
After a bit of digging around, I discovered tons of strategies for monetizing an Instagram account. Some were complicated, some required huge followings and some required upfront funds to get started. In all honesty, I didn’t like the sound of any of these strategies.
But then, I eventually stumbled upon the Clickbank method! Within a week I had made my first sale!
I’m about to share with you an easy way you can make money on Instagram with Clickbank for free!
Oh, and don’t worry, you won’t need thousands of followers either. Keep reading.
What is Clickbank?
Clickbank is a global internet retailer that sells hundreds of digital & physical products from different manufacturers & online marketers.
What makes Clickbank unique is the fact they allow digital marketers to promote these products and earn a commission for each sale. This is known as affiliate marketing.
The Clickbank platform is one of the most known and reliable affiliate programs on the web
Why Instagram is Good For Making Money?
The reason I have chosen Instagram for this method is for the simple fact that it is the most popular social network in the world; with over 1 billion active users every month.
As it currently stands, it’s still possible to build an engaging niche following on Instagram (if you do it properly). And, a platform with so much potential attention and traffic, making money becomes a lot easier.
That being said, the strategy I’m about to teach you will also work with other social media platforms; such a Facebook, Twitter & even LinkedIn. Making money on YouTube is also possible.
Here are 7 easy steps to making money on Instagram with Clickbank:
1. Sign Up to Clickbank
The first thing you’ll need to do is sign-up for a free Clickbank account. This is where you will later find products to promote. Signing up for a Clickbank account is easy, follow these steps:
- Go to Clickbank.com
- Click Create Account and then enter your personal information
- Click Next and then enter your banking & Tax details. (This needs to be done so that Clickbank can pay your affiliate commissions).
- Review & accept the Terms & Conditions
- Create your Account Information (username, password etc.)
- Complete the Clickbank Survey. You’ll now have the option to register for Clickbank University. This can be useful if you would like to learn more about affiliate marketing using Clickbank.
- Check your emails and click on the confirmation link.
That’s it, you’re now signed up.
2. Pick a Profitable Niche
Now that you have signed up, its time to pick a niche.
Choosing the right niche is important. It will be your responsibility to find people within this niche on Instagram. The success of this strategy relies on you picking a profitable niche.
Here are a few tips to help you find the best niche.
- Pick a niche you know about. The more you know about the niche, the easier it will be to promote. You will know exactly what products will work, and you will know how to market to that niche audience.
- Pick a niche with clear ways to make money. Some niches may seem like a great option, however, when it comes to finding products to sell, things could get tricky. Once you find a potential niche, browse through the categories on Clickbank to see if there are good products within that niche.
- Can you easily locate that niche on Instagram? Research relevant hashtags & topics on IG to determine how popular a niche is. A good product is useless if you can’t find anyone to buy it.
If you need more help on choosing a niche, watch this video:
3. Find a Product on Clickbank
Now that you have found a profitable niche. You can now begin to source a product or online course to promote. To get started follow these steps.
Step 1: Sign into Clickbank and click Affiliate Marketplace.
The Affiliate Marketplace is where you’ll find all the products you can promote to earn an affiliate commission.
Step 2: Use the categories on the left side to filter products within your chosen niche.
Step 3: Analyze the metrics of each offer.
You should now see a list of products within your niche. Clickbank provides a lot of information and stats to help you find the right product’ this includes metrics such as:
- Average %/sale: the percentage of the product price that digital marketers receive a commission
- Initial $/sale: the average revenue digital marketers will make per sale
- Average rebill total: the average amount digital marketers will make as a commission as a result of rebills (i.e. resale of the product)
- Average %/rebill: the percentage of rebills paid to digital marketers on average
You should pay close attention to the Gravity score & the commission sale.
Gravity is a score given to determine the number of digital marketers that have sold that specific product within the past 12 weeks. This could be a great indicator as to how well a product sells. However, be careful not to base your decision on solely the Gravity; as it won’t always tell you the full story.
For example, a new product may not have a high Gravity score, but could well be the best product to sell.
Understanding exactly how much you will earn per sale will help you tremendously. Products with a low commission will generally require more work and less reward. This is because you will need to sell a much higher volume of the product in order to make a decent return on your time to promote.
So even if a product has a high Gravity score, if the commission per sale is low, you may want to avoid that product.
Step 4: Inspect the Vendor’s resources.
An awesome thing about the products on Clickbank is the fact that the vendors will usually provide material to help you sell their products. This could include; videos, sales page, and even email scripts.
Once you think you have found a winning product (based on the metrics you analyzed in step 3), click onto the vendors selling page to see how good their resources are.
You’ll find that some vendors will have much better content and resources than others.
This is important, as these resources will help you a lot when it comes to promoting the product. Plus, once you send your traffic over to the product sales page, you need to confident that the vendor can close the sale.
Here are a few things to look out for when inspecting a vendor on Clickbank:
- How is the copyright on the sales page? Does it make you want to buy the product?
- Do they have a video? If so, did it draw you into the product?
- Do you feel excited about the product?
- Does the vendor make you feel safe about the purchase? Do they have a refund policy?
- Does the vendor provide resources to help you promote? i.e. banners, email scripts etc.
- Do you feel like the product is great value for money?
If you can honestly answer yes to all the above questions, it sounds like you have found your winning niche product!
For more help using Clickbank, watch this video:
4. Create a Landing Page
Now that you have successfully chosen your niche product, it’s time to create a landing page.
A landing page is a specific page where you’re going to send your Instagram traffic to.
The reason we don’t send the IG traffic directly to Clickbank is that we want to capture email addresses and control the conversion process.
Most of the people that end up on your landing page will not buy the first time.
By capturing their email address, you can continue to send information and reminders about the product; which in dramatically increases your sales overall. We’ll talk more about this in step 6.
I find Clickfunnels the easiest to use, and it’s packed with great templates and features. Plus, you can get a 14-day free trial; which means you can start making money before you occur any costs.
5. Drive Traffic Through Instagram
Now that you have the back end of your strategy sorted, it’s time to start promoting your product.
The aim is to quickly drive traffic to your landing page, but if you’re serious about making money on Instagram, it’s important that you nail the fundamentals of IG first. Make sure you do the following:
- A username that stands out and relates to your niche
- A descriptive bio that explains exactly what your page & the product is about.
- Include your niches keyword in the of your bio. The name is actually searchable, so by including a keyword, you will appear when IG users search for your niche. An example would be “Amy | Beauty & Makeup”
- Upload high-quality images that are relevant to your niche. People will not follow you if you don’t have interest photos.
Now that you have the basics covered. Here are a few strategies to help you gain attention and drive traffic:
Yes, hashtags still exist and they still work. Using hashtags will help you to be more discoverable within your chosen niche. Here’s how you can use them:
- Hashtag Research. Spend some time researching the best hashtags within your niche. Instagram will tell you how many people are using a particular hashtag. Ideally, you want to find hashtags under 100k posts. Avoid hashtag with a million+ posts; as they are usually widely used and won’t be targeted enough.
- Add Hashtags to your posts. When you post a photo on your account, add your niche hashtag (no more than 20) to your caption. This will allow your photo to show up in front of your target audience. If the like your photo, they may check out your profile.
- Engage with hashtags. Follow your niches hashtags. Then, each day, go through your feed. Like and comment on people on the posts using the hashtag. Interacting with people within your niche is important and will help you to get noticed.
Need more advice on Hashtags? Watch this video:
Use Instagram Stories
Instagram stories is a great way to grab attention.
Make sure you add to your Instagram story twice a day. This will keep you at the front of your followers IG feed.
You can also use your hashtags within your Instagram stories; which will make your content discoverable when people search for those specific hashtags
Paid Ads on Instagram
It’s important to know that you don’t have to pay for ads for this strategy to work. That being said, paid ads will help you to instantly drive targeted traffic to your landing page.
If you want to use paid ads on Instagram, go to the Facebook Ads Manager to set up your ads targeting correctly.
If you’d like to learn more about advertising on Instagram, click here.
Promote a Free Gift
Giving something away for free can be a super-powerful way to draw people onto your landing page. It’s easier to ask someone to claim their free gift than it is to ask them to spend money. The trick is, once they hit your landing page, as well as handing over their free gift, you can also promote your product.
Now, I know what your thinking. What could you possibly give away for free?
Here are a free gift offers you can use that are extremely inexpensive:
- An ebook or PDF guide. Pick a topic within your niche and write a short ebook. i.e. “7 Makeup Hacks You Need to Know”
- A video or webinar. You can record a video explaining a topic within your niche. I like this method as it allows people to get to know & like you. Plus, its the perfect way to plug your product.
- An email course. Create a short email series, teaching a specific topic within your chosen niche. This is a great idea because, as I mentioned earlier, you will want to collect your traffic’s email addresses. Now you have the perfect excuse to ask for their email.
If you implement these strategies correctly, over time you will attract new visitors to your account. If they like what they see, they may follow you and click through to your product landing page.
6. Follow Up With Your Leads
At this point, you should start to see traffic flowing through to your landing page. You may even have converted a sale (if you’re lucky).
The reason I say lucky is that it’s common to see traffic but no sales. As I explained earlier, most people will not buy on their first interaction with a product. On average it takes 7 marketing messages before a lead will decide to spend their money. In marketing, this is called the rule of 7.
This is why building an email list is key!
You will also need an email marketing tool so that you can automatically send follow up emails to your leads.
Watch the video below for a tutorial:
It’s important not to spam your leads with emails saying “BUY NOW”.
Instead, educate your leads, provide useful information about your niche, and add value that they will appreciate. And them every so often, subtly remind them why your product is a good investment for them.
By the 7th email you’ve sent out, your audience will trust you more, like you more and they will find it easier to listen to your recommendations.
This process is called a sales funnel. Sales funnels are used by major corporations & brands. They use the exact same method because it works!
- How To Make a Full-Time Income With Affiliate Marketing
- How to Build an Affiliate Marketing Funnel (Complete Guide)
If you would like to learn more about how sales funnels & building an email list for affiliate marketing, sign up to my free email course below.
I will share with you the exact ClickFunnels template I use; which is already proven to generate income every month! Here’s what you will learn:
- How to Build a Kick-Ass Email List
- What Affiliate Offers Should You Promote?
- Creating Email Marketing Automation That Actually Converts
- Where & When Do You Make Money?
- Best Way to Drive High-Quality Traffic to Your Funnel
- [TOP SECRET]
- [TOP SECRET]
7. Rinse & Repeat
At this point, your strategy is complete. And you can now start earning your commission sales.
With this method, the more effort you put into your Instagram profile, the more money you can make.
That being said, for me, the hard part is building the landing page & sales funnel. Once I had those steps mastered, making money on Instagram with Clickbank was easy.
And once you master this strategy, you can experiment with new niches, new products, and even new social platforms. This strategy will also work well with Youtube & Pinterest.
Suggested Read: How to Become a Rich Blogger in 7 Powerful Steps
How Many Instagram Followers Do You Need to Make Money?
There is no magic number. But, the truthful answer is you don’t need many followers at all.
Having a huge following may look great, but the quality of your following is much more important.
Ask yourself this, would you rather 100,000 disengaged followers, or 1,000 true fans.
Focus on building a highly targeted and engaging following within your niche and the sales will follow.
Will This Strategy Work For Other Social Platforms?
Absolutely! I explained earlier my reasons for choosing IG. However, this strategy can easily be tweaked to work on other platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest & Youtube.
How To Make Money On Instagram With Fitness?
I get a lot of questions regarding the fitness niche. Yes, this strategy will work with Fitness, and you’ll find tons of fitness products on Clickbank.
One thing you should consider is the size of the fitness niche. Fitness is an enormous industry, with a lot of competition. So much so, you may find it hard to get noticed at all.
If you’re interested in fitness, I would suggest niching down within fitness. For example, instead of going for fitness, go for the Keto Diet niche, or the running niche.
That way, you you’ve narrowed down your target audience (making it easier to find), but you’re still within the fitness niche.
How Much Can You Make From Instagram?
This is a question that is near enough impossible to answer, and it will depend on a number of factors:
- The niche you’re in. Some industries will make more money than others.
- You’re efforts on Instagram. The harder you work at building a following the more money you can potentially make.
- You’re skill level. If you’re completely new to this, it’s unrealistic to expect to make the same as someone with years of experience.
What Countries Can You Use Clickbank?
Clickbank accepts affiliates from over 150 countries. To see the full list of accepted countries, visit their signup page and enter your country name into the country field.
Thank you for reading ‘How to Make Money on Instagram With Clickbank in 7 Easy Steps’.
So, what do you think? Will you implement this strategy?
Is there anything you think I should add? Or, maybe you have a question. Comment below, and I’ll respond as soon as I can.